Sunday, March 9, 2008

What's Your Sleep Number?

My parents left for Mexico yesterday morning, and left me to watch over my 18-year-old brother. Last night, I slept in their bed for a few reasons: 1. it's bigger, 2. my dad for some reason inherited the best pillow in the house, 3. my room is super cold!, and 4. they have a sleep number bed.

Many of you might be thinking, why would anyone spend so much on a mattress? Oh ye doubters! The sleep number bed is the best place I've ever slept (and as a narcoleptic, I've slept many a place...posts on this coming soon) I know that many narcoleptics wake up periodically throughout the night, as do I because my nighttime medicine wears off every four hours. I went to bed at midnight and my dog woke me up at 6:00, but I thought it was way earlier. I had one of those rock sleeps, the kind where you think you've only been asleep for a few minutes but it was hours and you feel really well rested.

When I have a house of my own (the one in the 'ville doesn't count) my first major investment will be a sleep number bed. Although I'm not picky when it comes to where I'm going to fall asleep, I consider myself a bit of a cama connoisseur. The sleep number bed is the best there is. If I encounter better, I'll let you know.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Well first, thank you for the message on my blog! I haven't been an active blogger recently (been sleeping too much, haha) ... but perhaps you have jolted me back into the groove.

Second, are you really from Kirksville, MO? I only ask because I have family in Carrollton and the surrounding area so I'm fairly familiar with where you are at!

Third, happy napping! :)

Oh Hola I'm Ja:) said...

Hola!

I wanted to know if that Sleep number bed was any good to us with Narcolepsy. Thanks for letting me know! I have wanted one so bad, but don't they cost like a bazillion dollars? hmmm, Maybe I will try setting up a charity fund...

Nice to read your blog!

Go Easy,
Ja

Joy said...

To Abby, Sleep Number Bed, Money, Money, Money, Money..

I too am being diagnosed as having Narcolepsy and have extremely vivid dreams and have my "dream neighborhoods and houses"...the same ones from previous dreams..and I say to myself, "oh here I go again, House Number 3 or Neighborhood Number 12. So weird. Sometimes during my waking hours I will be doing something and suddenly without even thinking about it, one of these dreams pops into my head. Some days this goes on throughout the day and I think I am going mad, but other days it may dwindle down to just several times. Thanks for letting me share. Anyone else experience this type of phenemena? Joy
Rayofjoy@aol.com