Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Money, Money, Money, Money!!!

Last night I had a dream that my mom came to visit me at school. For those who know me, I've been very poor lately, and just got a job this week (yay!).

My mom hurries up to me, lugging a large backpacking backpack behind her. She gives me a huge hug. We're in a place I've had dreams in before. It's a place that doesn't exist (at least, not that I know of). A very front-of-the-library type of location, with lots of vestibules where people can read and work on their computers and stuff. Is it weird that I have recurring dream-locations in a place I've never seen? I think so.

My mom has this large bag with her. After our hug she looks at me excitedly and tells me to open it. It's full of new clothes, all for me!! As excited as she is about the new wardrobe, her face is still glimmering with the anticipation that I will find something better. I look at her, holding a snazzy blue shirt up to my frame. "What?" I ask her. "There's more!" she says.

I dig to the bottom of the bag to find a small pile of checks. Opening the first one, I recognize the name of Carol C., a woman my mom went to high school with whose children I used to baby-sit. Although we haven't talked in years, the check is made out to me for $20.00. I proceed to the next check. This one is from Suzy P., my mom's best friend from grade school and high school. Fifty Dollars. More and more checks, all from my mom's friends. Forty Dollars, Fifty, Seventy-Five. Janet even gave me a blank check. I'm in awe.

"Mom, why did your Buncko group give me all this money?"
"Well, I told them how poor you are (an awake laugh here...I'm not a charity case yet) and they just got out their checkbooks and started writing checks to you!"

Mom was obviously excited, and so was I. Forget universal humiliation. In my dream, it didn't matter who knew how poor I am, or that they were giving me handouts. I was just happy to have some extra cash.


Possible Meanings: Yesterday I found out that I am getting a hefty check from Uncle Sam in a few weeks. And by hefty, I mean almost three times what I have in my bank account (don't get too excited/jealous...think of how little I must have in order to be able to get 3x of it back!!) Check from the government = checks from Buncko friends???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Is it weird that I have recurring dream-locations in a place I've never seen? I think so."
Not strange at all in fact I've had the same problem for as long as I can remember and just the other day while looking at travel destinations, I saw the place I've always dreamed of. However, I'm never going there! Only bad things happen there. My mom says I should go to overcome my fears! Just b/c you think this place only exists in your head, you may be wrong. Good luck!

Norman Dett said...

Hi,

Could you please advise if you have ever tried any of those stimulants? for excessive sleepiness?

Thanks